BetterBrowse is promoted as a useful web browser which can enhance your online browsing experience. However, it is just a potentially unwanted program, called PUP for short, which can bring lots of trouble to your computer if it stays on your PC for a long time. This web browser can be downloaded from its official site. But, very often, it is distributed via bundled with other free downloads online as an optional component. So, if you do not pay enough attention when you download and install a freeware from the Internet, then your computer might end up with this potentially unwanted program. Technically speaking, a PUP may not be malicious itself, but there is no guarantee that other computer problems will not come with this PUP. So, for the sake of your computer security, it is highly recommended that you should not keep BetterBrowse on your PC.
A screenshot of BetterBrowse:
If BetterBrowse keeps on your PC for a long time, then you may often receive endless pop-up ads on your browsers. As a result, your browser as well as computer performance will be degraded greatly. What is worse, it may hijack your web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, etc, and cause endless annoying redirects. You may also be redirected to its official site, and then attempt to induce you into downloading the the app onto your PC. Or, you may also be redirected to other unknown even unsafe websites without any consent.
All in all, BetterBrowse is potentially troublesome. If you are harassed by this PUP, you need to take actions to remove it from your computer as soon as possible and get rid of annoying pop-up ads as well as redirects effectively. Then, you can surf online smoothly without disturbing.
Guide to Remove BetterBrowse Manually and Automatically
>>Useful Manual Removal Steps:
Step 1. Stop all running processes of BetterBrowse
1. right click on taskbar >> select Start Task Manager to open Windows Task Manager
2. find out and stop all suspicious running processes
Step 2. Remove BetterBrowse from Windows
For Windows 7 Users:
1. Click Start button> >Control Panel > > Programs and Features/ Uninstall a program
2. find out the unwanted program and right click on it and then click Uninstall to uninstall the program
For Windows XP Users:
For Windows 8 Users:
>>Remove this PUP from Internet Explorer:
1. Start Internet Explorer > Click on gear icon at the top right corner > choose Manage Add-ons
2. find out and click Remove to delete any recently-installed suspicious extensions
3. click the gear icon again > Internet options
4. Go to the Advanced tab, click the Reset button > Reset Internet Explorer settings
5. Delete personal settings > click on Reset option.
6. Click Close and OK to save the changes.
>>Remove this PUP from Google Chrome:
1. Start Google Chrome > Chrome menu icon at the top right corner > Tools > Extensions
2. find out all recently-installed unknown browser add-ons > click trash icon to delete them one by one
3. Click the Chrome menu button again, click Settings
4. Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
>>Remove this PUP from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Start Mozilla Firefox > Firefox menu icon at the top right corner > Add-ons > Extensions
2. find out and remove all suspicious browser plugins recently installed
3. click on Firefox button > go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information.
4. Select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
Step 4. Remove any suspicious registry entries of BetterBrowse from Registry Editor.
1. Go to Start Menu and open Registry Editor.
2. In the opened Window, type in Regedit and then click OK.
3. Remove the related files and registry entries in Registry Editor.
Step 5. After finishing all the steps above, please restart your web browsers to check whether the steps above take effect.
>>Effective Automatic Removal Steps
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. It is important to note that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
The following steps are helpful for you to download and install SpyHunter.
Step1: Click the yellow icon to save SpyHunter-Installer.exe.
Step2: Click the button “Run” to run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter step-by-step.
Step3: When the SpyHunter is set up successfully on your desktop, you can click the button “Start New Scan” to scan and detect your computer thoroughly for BetterBrowse and other suspicious programs hiding in the computer system.
Step4: To remove BetterBrowse or other unknown suspicious programs on the computer, you need to click the button “Select all”, and then click the button “Remove” on the bottom right corner.
Good to know: BetterBrowse is an annoying potentially unwanted program which can do harm to your computer system if it stays on your PC for a long time. Therefore, to safeguard your computer from further damage, it is wise for you to remove this PUP from your machine immediately. If you are not familiar and not so confident to remove it manually by yourself or you want to get rid of it in a quick and safe way, you can choose the best malware scanner and removal tool SpyHunter to achieve this result.