Every time I turn on my PC MSE sends the notification “Detected threat has been removed” and when I check the history it is labeled as PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A . I’ve tried running full scans with MSE and Microsoft security scanner but no luck, this virus is detected every time I turn on my PC. It would be really appreciated if someone could tell me how to get rid of this a.s.a.p, as I do a lot of online banking on my PC
Information about PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A is a harmful Trojan which can infiltrate into your PC without your knowledge because you are not aware of the things you do may trigger this trojan. It usually arrives as an attachment to a spam email, a bundle to an infected software, or a patch of codes of some corrupt websites. If you get something from suspected/spam emails, software, or websites, you may get PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A as well.
Once injected, PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A will modify or corrupt your system files and registry entries so as to make it run automatically at the background as the Windows starts. This Trojan will eat up the system resources to make your computer run very slowly and even stuck. Besides, it can also perform some baleful activity like these:
- It can inject the plug-ins or extensions to the browsers so as to generate advertisements.
- It can open backdoor for remote hackers and allow them to monitor your activities.
- It can display system errors or other errors when you run or load some software.
- It can disable or break down your firewall protection or antivirus.
- It can steal your important information stored on the device and expose it to malicious hackers.
Instructions on How to Remove PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
Therefore, it is troublesome and even dangerous to have PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A in your computer. You should remove it as soon as possible to avoid further troubles. Here are some methods/means that may help you remove it and restore your computer. If you need a better way to remove this trojan, you are recommended to use the recommended removal tool.
Means 1: Manually Remove PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A Step by Step
1. Enter Safe Mode with Networking
For Windows 7/Vista/XP users:
a. Restart the computer. Before Windows Welcome interface appears, please tap F8key constantly until Windows Advanced Options Menu displays.
b. On the black screen of Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the arrow key to move down and choose Safe Mode option with Networking by highlighting it. Then hit Enter on the Keyboard.
2. Show Hidden Files
(1). Click on Start button and then on Control Panel
(2). Click on Appearance and Personalization
(3). Click on Folder Options
(4). Click on the View tab in the Folder Options window
(5). Choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
(6). Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window
3. Get rid of registry items related to PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
A. Tap Win + R key altogether to display Run box. Open Registry Editor by putting ‘regedit’ in Runbox and hit Enter.
B. Look through the registry entries and find out all listed harmful items. Right click on them and click Delete to remove.
Means 2: Remove PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A with Powerful Removal Tool (Suggested)
Step 1: Restart your PC and sign in Safe Mode with Networking.
The steps have shown on above.
Step 3: Follow the installation prompts shown on the screen to complete the process.
Step 4: Start a full scan on your PC.
Step 5: Click on show results and remove all malicious items.
Check Your with RegCure Pro Again
After the scanning with SpyHunter, to make sure your computer safe, please check it with RegCure Pro again.
RegCure Pro is a tool to fix the common problems that cause PCs to become slow, sluggish and erratic performers. This software is a fantastic cleaner. It gets rid of active malware and viruses, registry errors, junk files, unneeded process and programs that slow your PC down and make for long startup times.
1. Click here to download RegCure Pro
1) You will need to click Save or Run to install the application. (If you choose to save the application, we recommend that you save it to your desktop and initiate the free scan using the desktop icon.
2) Once the file has downloaded, give permission for the Setup Wizard to launch by clicking the “Next” button. Continue following the Setup Wizard to complete the RegCure Pro installation process.
2. Click “Start Scan” to do a scan with your system.
3, Delete all detected issues and fix PC with RegCure Pro.
PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A is very dangerous infection that can affect all kinds of system. Once installed, it can change its files and registry from time to time which make the removal process more difficult. As a Trojan virus, it can bring a lot of infections into the target computers. So you have to remove it from system. If you don’t know computer skill, you are suggested to remove PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A with SpyHunter Anti-Malware