When I start my chrome, I keep getting many annoying pop-up ads from Hi-Lighter. I try to remove it from my programs and run my antivirus but it still there? How do I get rid of this annoying adware from my computer completely? I need help!
What is Hi-Lighter?
Hi-Lighter is presented as an advanced text management that seamlessly integrates highlighting, search and sharing functions into your browser. It sounds like another revolutionary tool to enhance your internet browsing. However, once you find this tool in your computer, you will face with a series of problems.
Please note that this tricky Hi-Lighter usually come into your computer without your knowledge and permission. Since it is usually bundled with other software, especially freeware and shareware, you may install this adware to your computer unintentionally or accidentally when you download software from the internet and install it without checking the bundled installs.
Once installed, this deceptive adware will manage your browser add-ons and modify some of your browser default settings. It can mess up your entire infected web browsers by implanting tons of highlighted text, pop-up ads, floating ads or full page ads. It may also add unwanted search toolbar and alter your search engine and homepage. As it stays long in your computer, your will find your computer and networking become slow due to all the changes.
How to Remove Hi-Lighter?
It is not recommended to keep this potentially unwanted program in your computer in case it exposes your confidential information to its author and uses the information for malicious purposes. Here are some removal guides that may help your out of all the troubles. Please keep reading.
Guide 1: Manual Removal Guide for Hi-Lighter
Guide 2: Automatic Removal Guide for Hi-Lighter (Click Here)
Guide 1: Manual Removal Guide for Hi-Lighter
Step 1. End up the running processes of Hi-Lighter in Windows Task Manager.
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete or right click on the taskbar to open Windows Task Manager, find malicious processes and click End process.
Step 2. Uninstall Hi-Lighter from Control Panel.
For Windows 8
Move the mouse cursor to the lower right corner of the screen and then right click to bring up a small menu. The menu gives you quick access to some common administrative tasks, including Control Panel.
For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner, select “Control Panel” option in the Start menu, locate “Uninstall a program“/”Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click “Uninstall”
Step 3. Remove Hi-Lighter from your browser.
- Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
- Go to Settings and select Extension. Disable suspicious/newly-added extensions
- Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
- Click on “Reset browser settings” button.
- You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Hi-Lighter entries.
- Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
- Go to Manage add-on and go to Toolbar and Extension & Search Providers. Remove/Disable suspicious/newly-added items.
- Choose Internet Options from the list.
- Select Advanced Tab from the opened window.
- Click on Reset button to get rid of Hi-Lighter and other adware.
- Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
- Go to Firefox menu from the top right.
- Select Add-on from the draw-down list and remove suspicious/newly-added add-ons.
- Choose Help (Alt & H) from Mozilla Firefox menu.
- Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- Click on Reset Firefox button under “Reset Firefox to its default state” area.
- Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Hi-Lighter items.
Here is a removal video of similar issue. Please watch it for reference.
Note: There will a possibility that you can not remove Hi-Lighter on your own or you are too busy to remove it. To safely and quickly remove Hi-Lighter from your PC, you are suggested to use a powerful removal tool.
Guide 2: Automatic Removal Guide for Hi-Lighter
SpyHunter is an adaptive real-time spyware detection and removal tool for your PC. It is designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. You can remove Hi-Lighter with this powerful tool. Since it is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
Step 1. Click the download button below.
Step 3. After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
Step 4. As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
Speed up Your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC’s speed and performance. If you want a dual protection for your PC, you can download and install RegCure Pro to have a quick and thorough scan.
Key features of RegCure Pro:
- Cleans away Windows registry errors
- Ejects active viruses, spyware and other malware
- Stops unneeded processes and startup items
- Deletes privacy files that could contain confidential info
- Find software to open files
- And much more!
Step 2. Click “Yes” to run the profile.
Step 3. After installation, you can scan your computer for errors by making a system scan.
Step 4. After scanning, choose the items you want to clean and fix.
Warm Reminder: Hi-Lighter is an nasty adware/PUP that should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. You are required to be concentrated when you remove it by your self. If you need a quick and safe way out of Hi-Lighter, please feel free to Download and Install Powerful Security Tool Here >>