Yesterday, a full scan has discovered PUP FXWebPlayer in my computer. I tried to remove it but it still on my computer. What should I do now?
What is FXWebPlayer?
FXWebPlayer is a free software developed by FX Interactive. It claims to improve users’ video experience by offering high-definition and fluent web videos. However, it is actually a potentially unwanted program with annoying and disturbing traits. It is usually comes bundled with other software and will bring a lot of troubles to your computer.
FXWebPlayer cannot satisfy you with better internet experience. Instead, it will generate unwanted third party ads to interrupt your online activities. You may see different kinds of pop-ups, banners, highlighted text links, or full page ads brought to you by FXWebPlayer. Those ads often contain coupons, discounting deals, fake video updates, fake security alerts, or other tricky contents. If you click on them, you will be redirected to other corrupt websites forced to download unwanted programs. Besides, FXWebPlayer is alongside with other programs. Once installed, it will add unwanted and additional extensions or plugins to your web browser. And they will read and collect your favorites, bookmarks, or browsing history. FXWebPlayer can greatly affect your online activities.
How to Remove FXWebPlayer?
Here are two guides that will help you get rid of FXWebPlayer. You should remove it as soon as possible in case it slow your computer and bring you more troubles.
Guide 1: Manual Removal Guide for FXWebPlayer
Guide 2: Automatic Removal Guide for FXWebPlayer (Click Here)
Guide 1: Manual Removal Guide for FXWebPlayer
Step 1. End up the running processes of FXWebPlayer in Windows Task Manager.
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete or right click on the taskbar to open Windows Task Manager, find malicious processes and click End process.
Step 2. Uninstall FXWebPlayer from Control Panel.
For Windows 8
Move the mouse cursor to the lower right corner of the screen and then right click to bring up a small menu. The menu gives you quick access to some common administrative tasks, including Control Panel.
For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner, select “Control Panel” option in the Start menu, locate “Uninstall a program“/”Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click “Uninstall”
Step 3. Remove FXWebPlayer from your browser.
- Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
- Go to Settings and select Extension. Disable suspicious/newly-added extensions
- Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
- Click on “Reset browser settings” button.
- You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of FXWebPlayer entries.
- Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
- Go to Manage add-on and go to Toolbar and Extension & Search Providers. Remove/Disable suspicious/newly-added items.
- Choose Internet Options from the list.
- Select Advanced Tab from the opened window.
- Click on Reset button to get rid of FXWebPlayer and other adware.
- Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
- Go to Firefox menu from the top right.
- Select Add-on from the draw-down list and remove suspicious/newly-added add-ons.
- Choose Help (Alt & H) from Mozilla Firefox menu.
- Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- Click on Reset Firefox button under “Reset Firefox to its default state” area.
- Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove FXWebPlayer items.
Here is a removal video of similar issue. Please watch it for reference.
Note: There will a possibility that you can not remove FXWebPlayer on your own or you are too busy to remove it. To safely and quickly remove FXWebPlayer from your PC, you are suggested to use a powerful removal tool.
Guide 2: Automatic Removal Guide for FXWebPlayer
SpyHunter is an adaptive real-time spyware detection and removal tool for your PC. It is designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. You can remove FXWebPlayer with this powerful tool. Since it is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
Step 1. Click the download button below.
Step 3. After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
Step 4. As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
Speed up Your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC’s speed and performance. If you want a dual protection for your PC, you can download and install RegCure Pro to have a quick and thorough scan.
Key features of RegCure Pro:
- Cleans away Windows registry errors
- Ejects active viruses, spyware and other malware
- Stops unneeded processes and startup items
- Deletes privacy files that could contain confidential info
- Find software to open files
- And much more!
Step 2. Click “Yes” to run the profile.
Step 3. After installation, you can scan your computer for errors by making a system scan.
Step 4. After scanning, choose the items you want to clean and fix.
Warm Reminder: FXWebPlayer is an nasty adware/PUP that should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. You are required to be concentrated when you remove it by your self. If you need a quick and safe way out of FXWebPlayer, please feel free to Download and Install Powerful Security Tool Here >>